The main ethos of The Butts Farm Shop is traceability. This Rare Breed onsite butchery prides itself in whole carcass butchering. Selling only free range, grass fed British meat, mostly of the rare breed variety. Popular favourites are Gloucester Old Spot pork, Dexter Beef and Norfolk Horn or Jacob Lamb. There is always a variety of pork sausage flavours to choose from, as well as Boerewors, a beef and pork sausage.
In addition to the wonderful butchery, the deli section sells delicious pies, pasties, sausage rolls and enormous scotch eggs to name just a few.
On the farm shop side there is fresh local fruit and vegetables, farm milk, butter, cream and yoghurt. The shop also sells local cheeses, as well as homemade chicken stock, beef dripping and garlic butter.
There is a small selection of South African products that compliment the butchery, including Biltong, Droewors and Braai Salt.
The shop hosts a delightful array of local and artisanal items, from chopping boards, wool, house plants and even locally made bath products.
Fresh cakes are available to buy by the slice daily, with decadent gluten free chocolate brownies and millionaire square also available.
- Pork – Our wonderful selection of pork comes straight from The Butts Farm on which the shop is situated. Some of the rare breeds are Gloucester old spot and Oxford Sandy and black, do call us to see what we have in the counter this week.
- Bacon – Dry-cured back and streaky bacon, available smoked or unsmoked and sliced to order.
- Sausages – With a minimum of a 3kg order, we will make your own sausage flavour for you. Email the shop, or call and speak to Carl about your desired flavour.
- Lamb – Mostly rare breed and from The Butts Farm, occasionally local free range grass and pasturer fed lambs
- Hogget & Mutton – As these are locally sourced and are seasonal, please call or email ahead to check availability.
- Beef – Local free range and grass fed breeds, not limited to Dexter (when available) and English Longhorn. All our beef is matured for a minimum of 28 days
- Chicken – Local free range chicken
- Venison – local venison
- Goat – Local free range goat, please call ahead to check availability
- Pheasant – Locally sourced and seasonal, so please call ahead to check availability
- Partridge – Locally sourced and seasonal, so please call ahead to check availability
- Rabbit – Subject to availibility
- Offal – Traditional faggots as well as lambs and pigs liver, kidneys and hearts. Oxtail, liver and cheeks are occasionally available.
- BBQ packs – A selection of BBQ packs are always available with a selection of seasoned meat and sausages
Fruit & Vegetables
Our fruit and vegetables are mostly seasonal and supplied to us locally
Hand Made Fayre
These are all made on site using our very finest ingredients:
Sausage rolls, pastries, pies, scotch eggs, quiches, frozen ready meals
We have a wonderful selection of preserves, condiments, flour, as well as treats of confectionary, ice cream, all from local British producers. Pop in to have a look at our selection of pasta, and gluten free baking kits, to name just a few.
Local deliveries and pick up